Sunday, March 27, 2011

Using Canned Pork and Beef

Many of us have purchased canned meat in the last year.  Two recipes I love use the Pork Chunks and Beef Chunks.

R. LeBaron shared this recipe with me and I love to use it when I am in a hurry:  We like this pulled pork better than any of the pre-prepared BBQ pork from the supermarket.

Quick Pulled Pork Sandwiches

1.  Open a can (or 2) of pork chunks.  (I like to rinse off the fat)  
2.  Pull apart with a fork.  
3.  Add your favorite BBQ sauce.  
4.  Heat or serve cold, alone or on bread. 


I adapted this recipe from one I found on the internet.  I love how quick cooks in the pressure cooker, but you could easily adapt it to the stove top.

Beef Stew 

1 TBS vegetable oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cans beef chunks
4-5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
5 carrots, peeled and sliced
3 cubes beef bouillon
3 cups water
salt to taste

1.  Heat oil in pressure cooker over medium-high heat.  Add onion and cook until browned on the outside.
2.  Stir in water, bouillon cubes, carrots and potatoes.  Close the lid and bring to 10 lbs of pressure (standard if you don't have a regulator).
3.  Cook for 4 minutes.
4. COOL AT ONCE.
5.  Add beef chunks and salt and pepper to taste. 

0 comments: