Saturday, August 29, 2009

Peach Leather

My 6 year-old and I just mixed up a quick batch of peach leather to put in the food dehydrator. Here is a recipe shared by Dani S. at our last food storage meeting. It can be used with a dehydrator or you can make it by putting it outside in the sun!

Peach Leather

1 Peel and remove seeds from about six peaches.

2. Slice into quarters and put in blender

3. Add 2 TBS honey

4. Blend

5. Cover jelly roll pan with plastic wrap

6. Pour puree onto jelly roll pan

7. Set outside in the sun for approximately 2 days ( I bring mine in at night) until the fruit leather pulls easily away from the plastic wrap

8. Roll like a fruit roll-up. Enjoy!

(Hint: I cover mine with a window screen to help keep pests away. However, pests are not usually an issue.)

0 comments: